COVID-19 INFO CENTER
The Meraux Foundation is responding to the global COVID-19 pandemic through a Response Grant Program that is funding existing 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations serving St. Bernard Parish.
The Meraux Foundation is monitoring the rapidly evolving situation to identify the critical needs so that its funds have the greatest impact. It is not accepting proposals or solicitations for grants.
Below is information on those organizations and other resources available to St. Bernard Parish residents.
This page will be updated regularly. (Last Update 3/25)
News & Updates
General Information on Coronavirus
St. Bernard Parish Public Schools is serving meals, drive-through style, at all seven elementary schools, St. Bernard Middle and AJ Middle School, and the Chalmette High School 9th Grade Academy. Meals will continue to be served weekdays from 11:00 – 1:00. As the situation evolves, adjustments might need to be made – please check the schools’ Facebook pages and websites frequently for more information. (Current as of March 19, 2020)
Community Center of St. Bernard, a Meraux Foundation Response Grantee and partner food pantry of Second Harvest, is providing food to locals in need. To apply, provide a valid ID or driver’s license, proof of residency, and proof of income. Individuals without income can apply. (6800 Patricia St – Arabi, Louisiana 70032 – (504) 518-5968 – email@example.com)
- Greater New Orleans, Inc. is sending out regular email updates and maintaining a Business Resource web page, which includes the following resources (and more):
- GNOpivot – If you are a business that is pivoting to a new product to serve immediate coronavirus needs, register on gnoinc.org/gnopivot, and the GNO, Inc. team will help connect you to customers.
- LED Resources for Impacted Businesses – The Louisiana Economic Development site now has a new address: https://www.opportunitylouisiana.com/covid19.
- Looking for Employees? If you have surge hiring needs because of the coronavirus, email Human Capital Manager Evie Poitevent at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will list your opportunities.
- Buy Local – Buy NOLA Online is a platform for local businesses selling online during the crisis. The goal is to keep more people at home while supporting local businesses.
Mental Health Resources