The environment is a key focus of Meraux Foundation initiatives, which already include several coastal restoration and education programs. Initiatives range from outreach to schools in St. Bernard to prepare students for jobs in the growing field of coastal restoration to engaging stakeholders to create a strategy that protects the coast and respects the way of life in St. Bernard.
Current initiatives include:
- The Waters to the Sea® Mississippi River Delta Institute, a professional development and educational program
- AgMagic on the River, an educational event presented by the LSU AgCenter
- Working on the Water, a program to help fishermen grow and pursue new businesses
- Environmental impact investments and sponsorships
- Wetland plantings
- Community meetings throughout the year to facilitate the discussion around coastal and environmental issues